View Single Post
Old 28-03-2005, 01:57 PM   #9
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mont106
We all know what the AUll XLS ute is like at the lights next to a VS or VK, I know its shit, now they can kiss my *** 20 or 40 meters down the road. I don't need KW's I want TORQUE.
Sorry, but a VS or VK V8 is road bait to me. Either way, I cant see these fans working that well. Even pushing that much air I doubt the difference in acceloration is dramatic.. especially with a stock set of headers which are far more of a restriction than the stock intake. Even if it does create a forced induction effect you are running a MAP based sensor designed to work on a vaccum setup. By adding forced induction and not remapping the ECU you are simply confusing it and probably running no where near its capabilities... if it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mont106
I wonder what happen if I get it dyno or put in wildcat headers & 2.25" exhuast, port the head a little pit without effect ECM, with out wasting $$$$ on chips that can only produce 10 to 15kw according to the dyno but can't notice much differance on the road.
: bye bye fancy chip owners. just kidding.
I'm one of those "fancy chip owners" and only got about 6rwkw peak power increase. Of course, the overall spread and shape of the power curve was so different that it was far more than a simple peak 6rwkw could ever show.

Dyno numbers dont tell much of a story about real world drivability, at best its an indication. Give the ute a run down the 1/4, let me know the time it runs. Then we'll see whos saying byebye

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.

Last edited by Casper; 28-03-2005 at 01:59 PM.