View Single Post
Old 18-11-2006, 07:52 PM   #72
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
I think you're getting just a wee bit excited here. I'll agree on the Toyota and Nissan, but I don't think you've had a good look at Hondas recently. The quality of the interiors in terms of materials, fit, finish, and ergonomic design, is outstanding (declaration: I do some work for Honda, but therefore also quite familiar with what they offer)

Making grandiose statements weakens your argument, not strengthens it
I was with my best friend when he & his dad test drove a new Honda Jazz before buying the car he has now (2004 Renault Clio 1.6 Privilege). His dad, who's into cars, and has been for 40 years, said it was the worst car he had ever driven. I got the displeasure of sampling it too. It felt cheap, flimsy, was dull, the seats were horrible, the back seat was especially bad, it sounded bad, they look bad, must I go on?

Some of the interiors (Accord Euro) do look great... until I touched them. I was also disappointed at the S2000 being designed for 5'5 people only, seemingly. I'm 6'2" and couldn't sit in it. My left leg was stuck against the dash, making it impossible to use the clutch.

Honda has one of those great things called an overrated and/or misguided reputation in this country which isn't shared in some other parts of the world. I don't know how well it works for them saleswise, but I wouldn't lay a cent down towards one.

Based on my experience the only two Japanese makes I would put a dollar towards buying a car from would be Subaru or Mazda.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote