View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 11:38 AM   #19
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Well first off, thanks for all who have commented either in a constructive or not manner, but it has greatly made me see different persepectives of the hatches xr4, polo and clio[i was also concidering a 172/182] and the peoples who drive them.

Unfortunatley, my financial situation is in my opinion more strenuous and restrictive than most who have commented (im not saying i am special or anything). I respect those who have paid and worked hard for what they have, as i do too, but still need help of others to get by. I will be saving my butt off for the xr4 purchase anlong with paying off 2 investment properties but i know i will still need help.

Anyways check out this link for a comparison of fiesta ST Vs 5 Door Polo GTi. http://www.ford.co.za/servlet/BlobServer?blobtable=DFYBlob&blobheader=applicatio n%2Fpdf&blobwhere=1163396875873&blobcol=urlblob&bl obkey=id&blobheadername1=Content-Disposition&blobheadervalue1=attachment; filename%3DPolo vs Fiesta comparativetest.pdf]CLICKY[/URL]
It is a pretty good read/comparision with in reason,(5 door polo) but the fiesta came up on top only one ahead of the polo. So there is no justification to say either is better than the other on paper. It comes down to personal preference.

This preference for me is the XR4 because i have always wanted one. FULL STOP.

Other Reasons for decision:

1. Yes it probabaly isnt in the same level as luxury and comfort as the polo but it wins on the looks department, which is what i am concerned about. The overall performance etc is a bonus. Though the polo has great mechanicals its doesnt stand a chance against the xr4 for looks in my opinion.

2. Brother will probably keep the Polo. So i will have the best of both worlds. We can swap on weekends.

3. Fiesta is something i know and love. Going from an auto to a sporty manual is a big leap for me. I can finally feel what its like to **** my pants. Watching YouTube videos has shown me what it can do and i like everything about it.

Though ford have a weak customer service department, they havent stuffed me around or anything so i have confidence in them.

4. I havent looked into insurance as yet but even if it is alittle more (will have car under my own name) i dont mind.