View Single Post
Old 16-04-2007, 09:08 PM   #341
lpgguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylox
All au's have this rust problem sedans / utes / wagons even the BA's suffer from it.

you will find varying degree's of rust.
On my AUIII sedan, I find mild surface rust on the inside of the boot lid around the edges that isn't sealed by the boot rubber seal. This is because when it rains and when you wash the car - the water doesn't dry quick because it's not exposed to the air or wind to dry it up. Also with this the drainage corner at the back end of the the boot lid drain (left and right corners) tend to get surface rust because it doesn't drain well there (a little flat spot).

Unfortunately, you will also find that it gets surface rust on the inside of your rear tail light housing - just remove your rear tail lights (they come out easy by unscrewing from the inside - but wiring remains attached) and you will see the surface rust in the now vacant housing. This is because the tailights are not sealed with any goo and every time you wash yer car under pressure, water shoots straight in there and can't dry out well. I am wondering if the front light housing has the same problem - but front lights are much harder to take out.

Solution: Ring your local ford dealer panel beater - take it to them - show them the rust and they should agree to fix it - they will use a mini sand blower to rid the surface rust an re-touch it up with fresh paint. Needs to be under 5 years old for the 5 year rust warranty an AUIII's (don't know about AU/AUII's).
lpgguy is offline   Reply With Quote