Thread: Sandown 500
View Single Post
Old 17-09-2007, 11:06 PM   #173
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
Was a bloody early start, most of us getting up around 0430hours. Some like Cam, without any real sleep. But despite this all us were eagerly awaiting the gates to be opened at 0700hours. Some orsm initiative from club treasurer Marko ensured we got in at the right moment!!!

Set up the cars in the same spot as last year, not sure on exact number, but was 18 I think. All cars looking brilliant despite crap weather. Some other nice rides near by from the Mustang Club, E Series and Forums. I must also congratulate the enemy, the HSV Owners Club, their display was quite good also.

After a last minute clean of my ride I planted my butt in the grand stand and enjoyed the entertainment. Early highlights were the drift cars, the Castrol Stunt plane and the fly over by the FA-18 Hornet. Then the race and a awesome result. Go FORD!

All in all a great day for Ford and the club. Some new faces and cars in the display. Some more eager Ford enthusiasts. I cannot wait for All Ford Day next year!
Yes well said Jase, a great effort by all the ORSM members that attended to make the effort to make our stand look i think the best there. Very windy day that made it a little uncomfortable but geez yawn boring watching that sort of racing for me. If only the rain came an hour earlier to make it at least interesting.

And a huge thanks to the guys that helped me with the funny car as i can't do it by myself, cheers guys i will shout you a krispy kreme donut each next time.

Cheers Craig
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote