View Single Post
Old 21-12-2007, 01:03 AM   #18
Nurse Josh
Medico!

Hi all,

A few hints-

- unlock car door with key- get in and close door
- within 5 seconds turn key to acc
- within 5 seconds press the demist button 3 times- firmly for about .5 sec each time
- wait for car to cycle lock / unlock
- press a button on EACH OF THE REMOTES YOU WANT TO PROGRAM. after each remote the vehicle should cycle lock / unlock

I found that i needed to reprogram all of my remotes- not just the new one!
Programmed the new one rendering the old one inoperable. program them all (up to 3) in the one hit.

Don't know if there is any reason why this process is more successful done this way- just my findings!

Battery holders coming loose from the printed circuit board is always been a problem. first try some foam / sponge between the housing and the battery holder. if this fails, like mine did go to jaycar electronics and buy yourself some conductive silver paste.
soldering the holder is too difficult with a domestic soldering iron- too hot and you will fry your components too!
file the terminals of the battery holder till its clean of the dry solder. apply the paste to both the terminals and the dry sockets. apply small amount of strong bond adhesive to the feet of the holder. line up the connections and press together.

takes about 2 minutes to do and it works...

Good luck

Cheers! Josh
Nurse Josh is offline   Reply With Quote