View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 01:08 PM   #219
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
maybe you are not thinking straight.. It isn't the 4.0 in n/a form that is the killer, it's the 1500-1600 kilo body that it nestles in. To see the true potential of the n/a 6 potter throw it into a lighter car.. Got a Cortina laying around at home Stav?
It is not the fault of the engine that is holding us back but the fact that we are trying to push a full sized family car down the road with only 170-180 rwkw. To make a car boogie you need two things weight or power.. In N/a form the 4.0l just doesn't have enough huff and puff to do the job for the average bloke. I remember long time ago when Aesop was still writing fables the Mock EB that had no interior was running 13.8 yet today with 'new' designed headers, cam shaft profiles and the be all and end all- the EDIt we aren't any further along...
I am not shooting you down Stav, I admire your devotion and inspirational qualities but I don't think it is for everyone.
No worries mate. The bigger plan for the wagon is to be deregistered and become a drag only car.Lighter body parts and crazy camshaft are on the agenda. The bmw m3 weighs around 1300 kgs with the 3.2 litre engine .Nissan 200sx I have seen with 10 killowatts more than mine on Croydons dyno pull mid 13's due to their weight. I think I am addicted to making something happen which is unlikely.
Maybe I should start a horsepower helpline for horsepower addicts..lol

You can quit with help!!

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote