View Single Post
Old 28-10-2008, 04:54 PM   #8
Paxton
Cobblers!

I have never been a fan of the common beers. Cartlon Draught, Toohey's Draught and VB always got overlooked for Boags, Coopers and Cascade. In my Fridge at the moment, contains the last remnants of my failed attempt at home brewing, Coopers Pale Ale, and Cascade Premium, plus a large amount of Hahn Light, and Boags Light, from my 30th (in 2005).

My Favourite Local Beer, bar none is Coopers Pale Ale. If you can get it at $39.99 a case, it is a bargain. I especially like the yeast at the bottom, that many Home Brewers have cultivated to try and make their own Pale Ales.

My Favourite Imported (brewed under license) Beer, is Carlsberg. My Brother introduced me to this a few years ago, but I continuously overlook it. It is an easy drinking beer, and because it is made by the same people that make Foster's Larger, it isn't as harsh as some of the imports. I can't drink Beck's for example.

My Least Favourite beer (local or imported) is Toohey's Extra Dry Platinum. I don't get serious hang overs. Or, at least I didn't until I was coaxed into drinking this rubbish. Not only is it in a similar style to Toohey's Extra Dry, but it is stronger, but easier to drink. I haven't seen it in Dan Murphy's or Vintage Cellars for a while, which can only be a good thing.

Edit: I wouldn't go past Tooth's KB (or Dr. Reschs Special Export Pilsner) in a Long Neck, however. I miss the good old days of drinking beer, where my Dad would always allow me to open and 'test' the Long Neck. When Mum wasn't looking of course.

For more, scientific ratings, go here.
Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you.
Paxton is offline   Reply With Quote