Thread: 5.4 engine
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 11:48 AM   #23
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mont5.0
Thats awesome info. Thankyou. I wonder what the F:R split would be on a Live Axle AU?
Probably 60:40 The IRS is pretty heavy in an AU..... if I was going to go MOD in a live axle AU, it would be alloy block 4.6L with turbos to keep the weight lower (COG) and lighter.

For the sake of comparison, I did a weight split back in '99 on a manual trans AU XR8 with the factory iron heads.... it was 54:46 and the car was 1720kg. By shifting weight in the split forward 2% by adding a modular (and that's not reducing weight at the rear just adding more at the front, that means that my T1 should equate to 1798kg, which is right on what i got at the weighbridge last year.

Daniel

Last edited by CAT600; 05-07-2009 at 11:54 AM.
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote