View Single Post
Old 13-07-2009, 09:02 PM   #88
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Riteo, well I got a reply from my contact in Ford Europe. The verdiect? No Ford that uses the the Easy-Fuel capless refueling system has a lock-down function, in any country, equiptment level or otherwise. At any time, wether the car is running, locked, dead-locked, or open does the Easy Fuel cap lock. It is locked at all times in the sence that you can't stick your finger down there, or put a syphon in the tank, but you can put a fuel nozzle is there, or the manual fuel filling cap, in the tank at any time. The system has been designed so it won't lock down in the middle of re-fueling, as some previous systemes did, hence why Ford chose not to have the lock-down function. In reality, has anyone tried to get fuel out of a modern car, with all the fuel lines and the placement of modern fuel tanks? It's near impossible, and if you did know what you were doing you're going to get fuel out of most cars anyway!

I think you may have a problem with your Easy-Fuel system, there has been some issues with the system on early Mondeo's where it would lock perminently?

How'd you go with the pictures of the rear light. I definitly want that in mine lol!!! Are you able to get the numbers off the light so I know what to order?