View Single Post
Old 21-07-2009, 08:37 PM   #78
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicOz
I remember a quote from Mazda that they only deal with 10% Mazda6 Wagon sales, so I would assume the Mondeo Wagon would be roughly the same if not a bit better than 10%.
I find that hard to believe. Way more than 10% of the Mazda 6 are wagons in NZ. And about half of the Mondeos would be wagons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicOz
There is no point in releasing top of the line wagon specs for was is essentially a family load lugger or used for commerical. The only disappointment is that there is no diesel wagon, which would make more sense.
Holden obviously don't see wagons that way. There's even a HSV Sportwagon! I'd happily have paid another $5k to get my wagon with Titanium spec - I spend about half of my life behind the wheel, so might as well enjoy it. And I'd be the first in the queue to buy a XR5 wagon.

I came very close to buying a V8 Sportwagon instead of the Mondeo when Holden were running all sorts of special deals in NZ at the end of last year. But the Mondeo has more load space and I was a bit nervous about the fuel bill. And I doubt if my son would have ever talked to me again!