View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 05:18 PM   #41
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by data_mine
I'll have to do some checking on the weekend regarding clearance. As I have a set of 18's with semi's on them I'd like to be able to keep using.

So the calliper doesn't move inboard our outboard any? just 12.5mm further from the hub?

Also swept area, do the pads cover the whole face of the rotor? I've seen upgrade kits before where the pads only cover X% (say 75%) of the rotor surface resulting in very weird wear.

As for the ~$2400 initial price, sounds a little steep, but I understand custom brackets and hats won't come cheap - what would replacement rotors cost (if that's reasonable I don't have a problem with a higher initial price).

Sorry to be picky, but I like to be properly informed.
Thanks
Your not being pricky and I don't mind the questions because it is better that this is done beforehand than after when it is to late and everyone has wasted time and money.
1.The calipers will only move roughly about 12.5mm further from the hub.
2.The swept area is larger than the pad surface area - reason is we are not making custom rotors to fit the calipers/pads but using what is available on the market at hopefully affordable prices.
3.Replacement rotors at the moment for this kit would be under $400 each.
4.To have brackets and aluminium hats custom made is expensive on small qty's.

Pad swept area answer.
On the current rotor we are thinking of using there is 8 -10mm of left over surface area from the pad and the pad has about a 55mm surface area.The pad depth on the rotor is about 64mm which is the most common size as we also have to make sure the brake pad backing plate does not foul on the hat when the pads wear out and also the bottom of the caliper clears.

Any more questions please ask away and hopefully i can help before this goes ahead

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote