View Single Post
Old 20-11-2010, 07:18 PM   #50
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 

I dont think it matters what car Ford sell here, whether its a Mondeo, Fiesta or a Falcon that looks like a modern sleek Merc.

Its the general publics perception of Ford, lousy quality, aftermarket service and things continually going wrong with the car, with customers left with no or little support from the manufacturer.

Unfortunately this affects car sales, many would tend to go and see the Mazda dealer rather than the Ford dealer when they start looking for a new car.

Personally I have had no problem with my Ford dealership whatsoever when it has come to customer support, in fact I have had excellent support, even better than other manufacturer dealerships I have had dealings with, which have supposed excellent reputations. Unfortunately bad experiences tend to spread around, also through the media. Ford are trying to correct this problem, unfortunately the word is not going around as well as it should.

And my new XR50? Haven't found one problem yet after about 6 weeks since delivery, and I'm pretty fussy. Quality is excellent, just a couple of very minor design issues that could have been better. Far better car than the new VW Polo delivered a few years ago.
Silver Ghia is online now   Reply With Quote