View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 12:15 PM   #30
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
My toll bill for the year is about $2,500-$3,000 ... just depends on the amount of work i get and where it is. God know's where that money goes ... cos it's not into the roads really. The amount of buckled rims and replaced bushes in cars from our poor roads is atrocious. Parramatta Rd is worse than the goat track of a gravel/potholed driveway I used to have on my last property. And it's one of the major arterials in Sydney.

Rego inc. CTP in Sydney for me is around the $650 a year mark ... current rego only fees from RTA is $437 for a vehicle 1505-2504kg in weight. And if it is for business use .... add another $220 on top of that for the rego.

I wish I only needed to drive 20,000km a year ... my wife does about 30,000km in the Territory ... and I can do anywhere between 50,000-75,000km a year around metro ... it just depends ... lastely it has been lower though as I haven't been working my 2nd job as much.
Ok, thanks for that.

It seems that your rego is more than ours, but this is offset by a bit (not enough I admit) by the fact your fuel is cheaper. How this balances out in comparison to other factors such as average income and additional costs of living I am not sure, it would be good to have a look but I do not have the time at the moment.