View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #9
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: September VFACTS

hmm well everyones experience will be different of course but mine to contrast and compare. Recently I purchased a Mazda 6 wagon.

The dealer prepared the car and had it in the showroom with seating next to it, where we sat down and went through the paperwork for delivery and got a run through on the cars functions etc. He took a photo of the car (which he offered for us to be in) and presented us with a bottle of local wine, before ensuring we were happy with everything and then opening the showroom doors for the big exit. They put on a good show.

Had two calls from Mazda Australia in four weeks checking how we were going. Also they had my file on hand and knew I was a previous customer and thanked me for returning.

Had a full size colour photo of the car in the showroom (from earlier) in a binding sent to our home with a thank you for purchasing the car from the dealer.

Had a booklet on the history of Mazda sent to me from Mazda Australia about three weeks after we got the car and a thank you letter.

Got two letters from the local dealer. One asking to fill out a survey on the new car buying experience and the other explaining our factory warranty and including a booklet from Mazda.

Got a Nielsen survey on behalf of Mazda Australia about five weeks in asking us how we were finding the car. Got a courtesy follow up call from Mazda Australia when they received it.

My last experience with the local Ford dealer. Took my Territory in for the ball joint recall. They said the job was done and it sure wasn't. The inspection report said all the rest of the suspension was fine - it wasn't not by a long shot with torn bushes at the rear, that were in one case literally in two halves.

They said the ballpoints were replaced and had been road tested ok. Took it out and it was making so many loud banging noises I drove it straight to my local mechanic who fixed it and explained how they screwed it up. Said it looked like the apprentice had done it. Oh and when I asked what warranty was on the new ballpoints the service guy said none, because Ford paid for it. So add lieing to the customer service. Finally they scratched the crap out of one of my alloy wheels.

On top of all that the guy who sold me the Mazda use to work at the Ford dealer, but had been made redundant. Apparently sales are down over at the Ford shop.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote