Thread: Miss T did a 10
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #169
Windsor

Default Re: Miss T did a 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by russxr67 View Post
Why would brad want to speak to anyone else? He has an engine builder capable of delivering whatever he wants right here.

We'll make the car go quicker, I can guarantee that. That engine is still well underdeveloped in many area's. The engine still sports stock 208 heads for crying out loud! Hardly exotic by any means and probably not the best choice on that combo but its what brad bought so that's what I had to work with.

The cam is under 260 @ 50 too.

Yeah,it's a real race engine....you guys keep telling yourselves that.

There is so much potential left in that combo and we've just started playing with it too.
Which is it Russ, are the heads stock or not?. As you posted this in Brad's build thread.

russxr67
I hate ricers

Re: 393 build
I'm doing it because I can't leave them as is. Sure, they will produce the mumbo needed but i'm trying to finesse the ports a little to make the combo better than what it could be by using them OOTB.
Not doing a full port so to speak either,just working on giving the ports some texture and some mild port work. Manifold is getting the same treatment but a little more extensive. No point on porting the heads if the manifold can't keep up.

Cheers,
Steve.B
Windsor is offline   Reply With Quote