View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 02:01 AM   #8
EvilChief
Boost Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by >$3<
ok thanx a lot...i was in the car for about 8 hours today, each of my finger tips is at least cut in 2 places but still im gonna be tryin to do this myself, with the coat hanger thing, firstly it wont come out very easily but i have a feeling if i play around with it for a while ill be able to get it out its just that the 2 bottom holes dont seem to "click" no matter how far i go. and also lets say i take out the tape player... dont i still have to screw the new player to the sides of the slot, meaning that i still have to get the oval piece off!? Also i read that there is a complete installation guid in "gregory's manual" which contains diagrams etc.. n der was a link but the link is not vaild. anyway ill be back in the car tommorow cutting up more of my flesh.
you dont need to screw it in .. the new player will come with a kind of metal casing that will be secured/clipped into the original position of teh tape deck. the the mp3 player will clip into that casing, no need for screws or drilling stuff or similar ... :
LN65 Hilux Turbo - sold
EL31 Corolla Turbo - sold
Ford AU Ute Turbo - sold
Ford AU XR8 Sedan - 5.4l V8 Turbo (in the build)
Ford BA XR6T Ute - daily driver
Ford FG XR6T Sedan - cruiser

do you see a general trend? I DO

Can't live with it, can't live without it!
EvilChief is offline   Reply With Quote