View Single Post
Old 21-06-2013, 11:40 AM   #112
XW-BAXR6T

Default Re: Australian Ford concept cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxssm6 View Post
Yeah one of the original 4WD's would be good to have, definitely a talking point or collectors item.
Maybe you saw a rebodied one, on the jeep (?) chassis?
Re-bodied maybe who knows? I suspect now perhaps it may have borrowed the under carriage of a Xw ute "a custom job" & put into a station wagon? Since ford hasn't released any release dates on it or any info about a station wagon 4x4 we can only speculate here.

I just spoke with dad about it & he confirmed what I recalled last night but didnt mention it in case I was wrong I mean it was like 30 years ago I saw this thing parked at murray street prahran, malebourne in early 80's to mid 80's if anyone lived around that area & recalls seeing it as one cant miss it as its so unique.

Since we had a Xw fairmont in our family which I still got it to this day & i can spot a Xw from a mile away. It was a station wagon with Xw lights "two break lights & amber in middle" as I recall. It had all that a Xw station wagon body would have even the station wagon rear winding window lever with a 4x4 under carriage, mate this thing was high up. It was a dark colour maybe a drark blue or a dark maroon cant recall. And it was heavily used, no damage to body but all the signs of heavy usage.

Was awesome looking & unique thing! Wonder if its still around & about?
XW-BAXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: