View Single Post
Old 15-11-2013, 07:53 AM   #636
Rodge
Banned

Default Re: Any VF performance figures out there yet?

Yes, I can confirm those N.Z. Autocar figures. Auto transmission.
Measured weight with a full tank 1902 Kg's, (so not the 2,000 kg porker I thought it would be).
100-0 braking distance was only 30.6 metres !!
They were very impressed with it although did make the comment that interior build quality wasn't up with zee germans but please don't shoot the messanger but this was slightly quicker (0.1 seconds), than the Mercedes-benz E63 S they recently tested and also slightly quicker than the BMW M5, also the GTS was circa 100 kg's lighter than either of those German cars...Drinks like someone on a bender though.

This magazine has a very good reputation for being independent, accurate with thier Vbox timing equipment and unbiased, in my opinion.
Didn't escape my observation that 4.13 seconds is exactly 1.00 seconds quicker than the best they could get out of a stock SC GT 5.13 seconds in their November 2010 edition. Also interestingly, this was on a green engine and their fuel sponsor over here is Z energy who don't sell 98 Octane so they had to be running 95 Octane fuel and got those numbers !! Honestly, If it was any other magazine i'd have struggled to believe it...

Not going too lie, I am seriously tempted to get the chequebook out. If you want to own the best Austrlain performance car of all time you have to put your blue tinged glasses away and swallow your pride and buy a GTS. Its not just the performacne per se that impressed them, its the handling with the adjustable suspension, adjustable DSC, all the tech kit the supercar sized brakes and a proper premium stereo, (really its absolutly pathetic that FPV could not even fit genuine premium sound or adjustable suspension to their cars after all these years of enthusiasts calling for it, which really is an epic fail),. The truth is if FPV had of built a car with all this kit we'd be having the biggest FPV party of all time... but sadly we've been beaten by a better funded team and the cold hard truth is FPV have already raised the white flag. I think on an objective analysis, although it pains me to say this, but it probably is worth the extra money over a GT-P or R Spec.

Last edited by Rodge; 15-11-2013 at 08:18 AM.
5 users like this post: