View Single Post
Old 16-02-2014, 04:52 PM   #1351
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 
Default Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodge View Post
In a perfect world I'd have both technology and a drivers car at the price of a FH XR8 but that won't happen in a Ford Falcon. Frankly I can see very good reasons why the VF SSV-Redline is selling it socks off and I think the public out there arn't as silly as many on here make them out to be. That car at its price point is an absolute blinder for Holden in my opinion.

Holden tried with their VF, you've got to give them credit for trying.
Have a look at www.ford.com and the level of technology in the latest Taurus and ask yourself why Ford starved the Falcon of the best technology, that's right, it was a deliberate decision to kill the Falcon off.
Different price point the 7 Series BMW but only because its so heavily taxed and the local distributors are so blatantly price gouging.

The final Falcon presents us with with a stark choice of that there is no doubt.
A final fling with the past and all the emotion that's involved with the history of the Falcon for more than 50 years, a good drivers car, albeit with a chassis that's stretched right to its limit with the SC and I6T motors and bereft of the latest available technology...or wait for the Mustang and hope for the best, or defect to the Red team and enjoy arguably a better chassis / handling experience along with a raft of current technology and all at a very reasonable price, but without the wonderful smooth torque laden delivery of the legendary I6T or the raw power of the V8 SC 335.
Kiwi's are in a better, (perhaps facing an even more perplexing dilema), position and have the added complexity of parallel importing a top end Euro for not much more money than a top of the line SC FPV.

Choice...definitly a first world problem
And I've already had my .04cents according to you. Parallel import away my friend. Oh, no, here it comes again...
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: