View Single Post
Old 25-04-2014, 01:06 AM   #3049
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2014 Falcon Sneek Peak

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefreestyle View Post
I hope Ford "Marketing" have finally recognised the massive FAIL in their Marketing Strategy - by exclusively targeting insipid 20 something females, who they seem to assume are only interested in two F's.........NO, not that....boring Fuel Economy and Facebook.

If they ever recognise there is a much wider market (than girls who are generally not interested in driving), and re-discover some testosterone, and emphasise outstanding Driving Dynamics, Exhileration, Sport Performance (etc) - and even Sex Appeal, they might run the risk of gaining some street Credibility - and actually sell some cars.

They could not go wrong by revisiting the old BA TV Ad.....which actually sold cars !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDaLxN5FIjE
The problem is that non-enthusiasts are a far wider market than enthusiasts. There aren't many people that decide to buy cars because of the way it drives. Falcon is no longer a car for the masses, but a car catered to a niche market. People who want the new Falcon probably already know about it and are waiting to put a deposit on one. People who don't know about it probably wouldn't have bought a Falcon anyway, regardless of the advertising dollars spent.

BA was twelve years ago. Back then, the car was equipped and priced competitively. I don't think that can be said for the FG nowadays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin View Post
Most young people arnt interested in driving, not just women.
They did a survey and the younger people saud they'd rather take public transport as they can play with their phone/tablets etc.
And that's a damn shame.

As soon as I was 16 and 9 months, I wanted to get my learner's permit, but dad said I had to wait another six months until I had finished year 12. The very afternoon after I had finished my last year 12 exam, I went straight to the Department of Transport to get my Learner's Permit.

Kids these days don't know what they're missing.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote
6 users like this post: