View Single Post
Old 25-06-2014, 11:40 PM   #4620
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Re: Last EVER Falcon Picture & Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashie View Post
I added more to my post above, agree they won't be able to replace a GT for most buyers.

Valid point, but surely in this day and age, with just in time, plucking engine A over engine B isn't a huge burden if it means being able to have a spread model range and pricing strategy?

The clowns at Holden even take out the centre brake light from a VF SV6 ute to offset the cost and features when stepping up to a SS ute, there must be money in it. (I personally can't see how having two body looms and sailplanes for your utes can work but they do it).
It's more about product marketing and stock control. Ford won't want dealers ordering the wrong stock for their market then crying when they can't move it. GS models were a hard sell in sedan so I think it's safe to say they will only want the better of the 2 options.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: