View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 08:19 PM   #41
Interceptor'85
Interceptin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredED
I went and loved it. No atmosphere? You were probably one of the fools in the seated section. I was in the general admin right on the fence in the centre, and the atmosphere kicked ****! I have a question, do you like their new album? Most fans don't and so i was one of only a few people (about 1/2 in my area) who got into the new stuff (can't remember which song it was, i think St Anger and frantic) but the rest of the concert went off where i was standing.

I loved the chanting that got started by some random dude next to me (aimed at the people in the seated section in front of us) repeating over and over until a better line was though up.
"we are the real fans"
"go back to toorak"
followed by "centrelink paid for my ticket" LOL
Toootally agree there onredED! The Metallica concert was bluddy awesome!!! Played an awesome set list and General admin was great. I agree SMMB wasn't the best venue. Seats infront of the stage for a metal concert! WTF! But when they came out and the crowd just crushed together, that was awesome! Intense moshing for the first few songs. I was glad when the rain came ... cooled me off.

But yeah the chanting was awesome, the "oooh-eee-um" and that funny guy at the barrier that looked like hetfield from "I disappear".

With the St. anger album, I was disappointed when I first heard it, but it grew on me. Still reckon they're older stuff is the best. IMO Bob rock sucks. He doesn't let Met choose how they wanna sound, as you can see in Some kinda monster doco.

The Metallica concert rocked! And that's that :
'XA Muscle'

Interceptor'85 is offline   Reply With Quote