View Single Post
Old 19-07-2014, 10:31 AM   #264
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 
Default Re: Final FPV sparks kilowatt controversy (GT-F vs GTS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40RDT View Post
Thats basically the conclusion I came to with the Rspec and the GTS after driving it. I disagree with their steering comments in the GTS though, I thought it was light and gave no more confidence that the GT. I prefer the FG cockpit as a place to be but it does look dated when the video flicked between the 2. All Ford need to do is freshen it for the last Falcon and it should be enough to see out its days. I don't get the plastic comments though, maybe its just the HSV has fake carbon, fake alcantara and fake leather glued to its dash. Build quality is definitely better in the older FG. Great to see the GTF get up on the dyno for the overall bigger power figure and I think there must be some servicing that need to be done to its brakes the way they disliked them. Motoring usually stick it to Ford and although review is accurate for the most part its a constant belittling of the Ford product and does not need to be written up the way it is. Even the dyno result claims everyone is surprised when thats just not the case for anyone who actually has a finger on the pulse. They were the same mob that slammed the Rspec rather than complementing the GTS and then faked a drag video in the wet.
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck