View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 02:47 PM   #1320
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

The police report there has been a spate of theft from cars in my general area. They also report there has been a big spike across Melbourne generally of tradies vehicles being targeted and taking tools. They're taking this fairly seriously and putting resources into it as this isn't an isolated case.

I reckon its opportunists. Probably saw my son's ute and followed it to our address, come around at a later time for a look to see whats there then return again to do the burg.

What galls me is that we heard some activity at the end of our driveway, I was still up and our dog barked. It sounded like someone turning around at the end of our court. I went out for a look and saw nothing amiss. The more I think about it the more I believe this was their reconnisance, noting which lights were on, response time to noise etc. I reckon they returned much later and would have noticed no lights etc. They were quick as they grabbed only what could be easily extracted and carried, it wasnt a clean out.

It really craps me off to think I only just missed the feckers doing their reconnisance. Hopefully the money they get buys the drugs they OD on. Dirty scum!!!

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: