View Single Post
Old 13-07-2015, 07:16 PM   #17
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2009 MB Mondeo Oil Pressure Switch Faulty

Well we now know what the problem was.

When the mechanics did the oil change, they put a filter for a Petrol Mondeo on it instead of the one for the diesel. New mechanic today did an oil and filter change on it, and now apparently it's fine. They're going to test it again in the morning and should have it back by lunchtime.

Called the original Mechanic back this afternoon and explained everything, requested they refund the cost of the oil pump change, as it wasn't required. They came back and said that it was, their mechanic tested the car with mechanical guages and the oil filter removed, and the problem persisted, which is why they replaced the pump. They offered me $250 back in reimbursement for the oil pump itself, and tried to stick me with the $750 worth of labour and other parts. Then when I told them to go and get stuffed, they offered me 3 services for free as well.

I turned that down, because frankly, I don't trust them, and I don't want them anywhere near my car. So now I guess I'm off to Fair Trading.

Really ****** me off, because not only am I out the $1000 they charged for the oil pump replacement, I'm also out for whatever the new mechanic charges me for their work today... Sigh... Things are tight enough as it is, I don't need this...
5tumpy is offline   Reply With Quote