Thread: New to cycling
View Single Post
Old 18-07-2016, 04:11 PM   #3006
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Re: New to cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluey-GT View Post
Went in and saw this bike in the flesh and god it looks great. Very light and stealth and oozing with quality. Took my current steed in for a trade in quote and was left with a 3899.00 buy price.
My budget was @ 3500 or less and i really wanted that bike.....nothing else would do.....so i left the shop with my old bike hating myself for being so "poor"......
Im still hating on myself now.....
Damned TDF gets you all hyped ands stuff and you just want , want and more want.... ha ha.

On a positive note , back on the bike after many months of hybernation. Had a decent fall a while back and hurt my right wrist , hip and knee....
Smashed my mobile phone and damaged both tyres and drew some lines in the pavement with my pedals at 25 klmh..
luckily was more of a skid and no other damage to bike. I used my body to shield it.... you know, broken bones mend and all that and broken bikes just cost too much moneyz.. LOL !!!
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission

Surely you couldnt 'find' the extra $400?

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont