View Single Post
Old 24-11-2017, 12:18 AM   #31
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: Sick of thieves.

I've used the same mechanic since I bought my first car and my old man used them for 20yrs before that, I'm more worried about them retiring than ripping me off..lol
Last fortnight I did a service on my old girls Hyundai Accent that she had recently bought, found the sump plug hinging in by a thread and the whole underside covered in blow back from the leaking oil so I gave it a degrease and blast with the Karcher to clean it up.
Bloody thing ran like a dog and threw up the check engine light, obviously moisture in the plug tubes so I pulled the coils and blew the whole lot out with compressed air, no problems.
2 days later it throws the CEL again, this time, no miss.
I didn't have time to look at it so I told her to call into my mechanic, he did a scan and reset the CEL, next day it came back so she took it back.
He swapped a couple of sensors around and sent her on her way, told her to drive it for a week and see how it goes, how much she asks, wait and see if its ok first.
So yesterday I called in to catch up, thank them for looking at it, give them the all clear that its fixed and ask how much they want for the labour.
Nothing he says, you've been a loyal customer to us and it was for your mum, were happy if she's happy.
Wouldn't even accept a slab of beer.

Told them my Sons VE needed the A/C looked at as someone told him the compressor was stuffed, they don't do A/C work and forwarded me onto a mobile guy with strict instructions to look after us.
Bloke turns up at 6pm last night, checks the compressor, all good just low on gas, charges it up, ice cold.
I said have you got a spare half hour, he says why, I said I've got 2 Hyundai's across the road that could do with a check and regas.
Half hour later all 3 cars are done at a VERY good price.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: