View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018, 12:19 PM   #323
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2018 Ranger Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabantien View Post
While unless I win lotto I won't be buying this (actually if I win lotto I'm buying a LandCruiser), I'd be pretty disappointed if it comes with a 2l 4 cylinder engine.

I know they're getting good power out of little motors these days, but it's a Raptor, they're advertising it as a race ready vehicle. I'd want something beefy under the bonnet to go with the other changes.

Bring on an efficient 2l engine for the rest of the range (and i'm skeptical about how efficient it would be moving such a big vehicle. The tiny engine in the sister in law's CX-5 chews through more fuel than my Falcon), but the high performance flagship variant doesn't just deserve a big, powerful engine. It needs it.
I traded my 2012 PX XL 3.2 4x4 dual cab auto ute on a low k 2012 200 series GX Landcruiser. The twin turbo 4.5 V8 in the 200 craps all over the ranger, it's like chalk and cheese. I couldn't go back to a rattly, low powered 15 yo engine European 3.2 Transit engine.

Ford not having the V6 powerstroke diesel in the Ranger would be a big mistake imo.
8 users like this post: