Thread: expensive BA GT
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 09:07 PM   #96
FPV414
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: expensive BA GT

I think the bloke who mentioned that the average punters on this forum aren't the type he's marketing to is right. The owner of this GT is on to the auction results where we see Walky's doing $340k etc at Burns and Co Auction recently (Google D'Alberto collection). There were also 2 Toranas which fetched ridiculous coin - one was actually the earliest/1st serial number car with documentation to match/prove. I don't know SFA about Torana but those both went for high $200k.

The people these cars/sellers are looking for are the types that buy the above. It might be a bit of a premature time to cash in on a 2002 GT, but some of the modern Monaro's and GTS' with similar KM have been going in the $100k+ range. I have the auction results but not the effort to post here, so Google it.

It seems we don't do ourselves and our cars favors when we habitually put them and their values down. We've brought mixer shafts and roof-linings in to the equation here - albeit in jest. But all of us need to settle down and remember the times (as already pointed out) where people thought XA/B/C/D/E would be worth nothing. Now you get a XE GL with 150,000KM no power steering or left hand mirror pulling the $7k mark. Anything E-Series V8 flies off eBay, GumTree or CarSales. I sold the most average EB S XR8 manual for $3250 in a matter of hours and was inundated with texts and calls. An XE Ghia 302 that was on GumTree for 11 hours yesterday did $8k with some decent rust but 121km and original books.

The performance of the car (there has been a comparison between BA GT 5.4 and GT-F) has no place in the equation here either. Each car has it's own history and it's own merit which will ultimately determine it's value.

XF and EA will be worth stuff all, ever though. But I'd pay good money for a MPFI 5 speed with less than 80,000km.

Cheers friends.
FPV414 is offline   Reply With Quote
6 users like this post: