View Single Post
Old 28-03-2006, 07:42 PM   #96
holdon

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
DO NOT TAKE IT TO FORD!!!!!

Get your mechanic to do the job!!!Put loctite on and leave the thing.

I had mine done ..they weld the bolt to the thread. Yes they did that and I got home to find power steering fluid everywhere.When I took it back they denied everything.."sir it must have been leaking from before"" . In the same breath I got quoted by them for another rack!!! The rack which they wrecked was only 7 months old!!

Also to remove the rack now with the recall the crossmember must be removed.

I dont want to label ford at all.But that was a bad experience.!! Finally its up to you what you choose.

If they were to to do a proffessional job they should remove the rack ,cross drill the thread and put on a castle nut with a split pin.But I do believe it is the easiest way out!!

My thoughts are take it to a proffessional mechanic not ford and get a proper solution to the problem. Dab of solder indeed!!!
You have no idea do you, there is no way that the ford dealer could of caused the power steer leak. All they do is weld the studs on the front side of the crossmember, so you can still replace your steering rack without any dramas. There is no reason to replace your crossmember unless your stud has come out, which should of been fixed with the recall (SRCC300)