View Single Post
Old 31-12-2018, 11:46 AM   #5
shiner01
Starter Motor

Default Re: MC Ecoboost engine hesitation/stalling

I had this happen on my 2011 Mondeo 2.0 l SCTI ecoboost Hatchback. Happened when cold and also when warmed up. Could be quite bad and very embarrassing at times. As my car was still under guarantee, I had bought on 1st October 2018, I returned it to dealer, a Main Ford Agent, they had it in for a day and found that the problem was due to an air leak in the connection of the air intake to the airfilter. Since then, which is now about 3 weeks I have had no repeat and the car is running smoothly and accelerates without any problem.

I must admit that I thought that it might have been something more serious as it seemed the engine was suffering some form of fuel starvation as the jerking could be quite bad at times and very embarrasing when trying to accelerate into a gap in the traffic. I thought that it might have been the fuel pressure system at fault but thankfully it wasnt and the dealer did for free. I had no fault codes but on one occasion I did have a yellow warning which said "Engine Malfunction" but no fault code.
shiner01 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: