Thread: Paint-er Advice
View Single Post
Old 24-04-2019, 11:59 AM   #10
snap0964
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Paint-er Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy1 View Post
I believe you will find that most paint shops will not be willing to do 'half' the job, if the prep and primer has been done by others. It is also a question about not making unnecessary mess, for example over-spray and disturbing the inside of doors and pillars where not necessary to re-paint.
Most shops won't if they don't know the customer - if the OP knows a painter, then it could be an option to reduce cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy1 View Post
In regards to 2k primer: You will find that primers are NOT water proof, and should not be left out in the environment. You shouldn't drive around in primer for more than a few sunny days.
Std primers/etch primers aren't waterproof, epoxy primers are, as are polyester based primers like All U need, always check the specs before using, of course. Don't view them as long term, but they'll buy you time til you get colour coats on. If using a std primer, I would get a colour coat on it ASAP, to seal it.
Ditto re the removing as much as you can - I've seen plenty of shocking masking marks from paint shop jobs.
snap0964 is offline   Reply With Quote