View Single Post
Old 24-06-2019, 06:00 PM   #2770
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Yeah I hate that, or you arrange a time to meet someone onsite you've travelled a fair distance and arrive before or on time and they are really late usually complaining about the same traffic you arrived on time in.
One reason I will not work for builders (they are always late) only directly for the owner.
Any work we do for that end client, we dont work direct, the amount of orginisation is a nightmare. So the end client raises a purchase order with the facilities management company they outsource to who are in brisbane. That company then raises a purchase order for their electricians who are also in brisbane, who then subcontract the company i work for and raise another purchase order with us as we are in sydney. So needless to say, if the end client wants extras done i cant do them at the time because the chain of po's has to happen again and that usually takes atleast a week. Put it this way. Last week we got a po to order parts to fix 1 light in ashfield. The branch manager asked if we could order parts for 2 others. My offsider said no worries but i cut him off saying if it gets approved. So we submitted a quote to the mob we sub to to fix the 3 lights. That went back up the chain and only the original light got approved. Its probably going to be the most expensive light to fix ever as we will put our standard mark up on, then the mob above us will mark it up further, then the mob above them will mark it up even further. Its rediculous.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote