View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 02:33 PM   #19
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Re: suspension issues with a BFIII wagon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
Reading between the lines, the car drives with a nervous feel, strong winds make it run off track, abnormal tyre wear. This is because the front end of the vehicle is lifted it will need camber/castor adjusted to compensate.

The geometry of the car is fine, it tracks straight, is not overly affected by wind at all and the only abnormal wear is the outer shoulders of the rear tyres, it's only nervous when you turn in at speed, especially on an uneven surface when it becomes oversteery very quickly if you're not careful. The front alignment is good and the front wear is as you would expect it to be on any well aligned car, it's just that once you rotate the tyres to the front there is already bad shoulder wear before you start.

Here's a pic of the car, it doesn't sit overly nose down, in fact it has a near factory stance, just 3" higher

mums car 4.jpg

Thanks snap0964, that makes sense but it seems to track ok with no deflection from bumps it's just that you have to use much less input on the wheel than you would on anything set up properly or it oversteers. If I climb straight from my Fairlane into the wagon I find myself having to correct the steering going into the first turn I take, which is usually onto the highway if there's no traffic coming, which is why I said I need to be very slow and precise with the steering input in my original thread. Same for when you hit the bow wave of an oncoming truck, it's very easy to over correct for that little sideways push you can get if there's a cross wind.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Last edited by Bushbasher; 05-07-2019 at 02:47 PM.
Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote