View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 07:07 PM   #99
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New BP fuels additive announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.P. View Post
Mick, on topic - (and yes I understand about fuel mapping and spark retardation, compression), whose E10 do you use? I personally haven't noticed much low-down grunt missing on Mobil Special 91 as such or on any fuel (including LPG except BP on takeoff) really...more the other way around. I find most fuel inc. LPG I have to be careful at the lights not to smash the foot down!

Maybe I've turned into one of those big 6 drivers that I never understood. "Why when you've got all that torque are you just meandering away from the lights?" ;-).

Now I get it, every time you mash the pedal down at the lights (like I used to) you drink down a big gulp of fuel. I figure I'll catch up and overtake a bit further down the road, plus not bang out my transmission. I guess I'm a safer driver now. And Melbourne congestion is getting to the point where you jet ahead only to arrive behind a slower driver or lights so I don't hoof it off the line anymore. I don't care these days if a less-powerful, cheaper car zaps off anymore. Maybe it doesn't bother me at all these days. To be frank, the power on tap is there aplenty, almost too much insofar as you usually have to control the power rather than reach for more...
Good point and I will get back to you on it as I have to go to a political meeting now.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote