View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 05:51 PM   #29
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: vFacts October 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
There's a lot of extra money and effort going into Ranger. A lot. Ford HQ know how important Ranger now is globally and are really pushing it. The next few years will put Hilux in it's place.

And can we all move past trying to compare sales figures against companies that sell small, cheap low profit junk. I found this interesting.

https://www.goauto.com.au/news/kia/k...-04/80389.html

When asked what the brand will do once passenger cars stop becoming a profitable venture for the brand around 2021 or 2022, Mr Meredith said KMAu has plans up its sleeves to replace the volume elsewhere.

Looks like they will eventually follow Ford's lead of replacing small cars for ones that actually make decent profit. Pretty funny considering the boneheads who continually get stuck into Ford about pulling out of passenger cars

Profit is where it's at, not sales numbers (the GM bankruptcy approach).
I understand that it obviously frustrates you that Australian consumers would rather purchase white goods on wheels or cheap low profit junk than the cars you work on, but is it too much to ask for you to get your message across without the condascending tones, it says nothing about our shopping habits but plenty about you.

Also, could you clarify your opinion of junk, as I'm not sure if you're referencing my $18k purchase which has been faultless or someone else's 60k dualcab with stuffed gearbox or dodgy injectors.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote