Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 23-11-2019, 02:24 PM   #418
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Modern lithuim batteries and brushless motors in powertools perform amazing compared to what was available 15 years ago. I personally have used makita for drills and drivers for 12 years. By that i mean my first brushed drill was a makita with 3ah lithiums and it lasted 11 years. The driver was still good. But round 2 with the brushless kit. The old one was great. The current ones. Bloody amazing. Yeah 5 amp batteries youd expect almost twice the life between charges. But its a lot more then double. The performance of the new battery powered stuff is finally almost there. Plus quieter operation. For a blower vac, 2 stroke theyre loud. If you can do it without necessitating hearing protection, thats a bonus. I was, not by choice, working on a construction site on thursday and the builders were 100% battery makita. Their 18v mitre saw was impressive. It was loud as expected cutting ally, but it never bogged.
Thanks 4....I agree totally . I used to buy the cheaper home brand and still have a few but over the past 18 months I invested in the brushless combo kit from Makita , then I bought the blower , a petrol Makita mower and last weekend the reciprocating saw which I used for a job this morning .. I think I'm now hooked and most probably a Makita guy I guess.

A trade bloke I know pretty well has a soft spot for DeWalt too although his arsenal is almost all Makita equipment . Recently he added a couple of the De Walt 20 V items..

I think with power tools in general , whether electric or battery power you certainly get what you pay for and the home use stuff is okay for that but loses out big time if over extended .

Another thing that's changed in this sort of way too is some of the 'el cheapo' or lesser brands either take up the challenge to improve their range or have a special run of tools aimed at an increasing " prosumer" market .

Also some of the higher end brands make stuff to a cheaper market as a way of encouraging consumers to have an entry level to the tradie level stuff .

Pretty much a great choice as time goes on I think .
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote