View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 02:18 PM   #30
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Re: Should I buy a Mondeo

Yes. I have the Diesel Titanium. Done nearly 53,000 kms. No problems although it does have a few door rattles etc.

I would buy another new one again if they still made them. Its so efficient the worse economy I've seen out of it in the 53,000 kms is 6.2 per hundred. No gearbox issues but note the gearbox oil has to be changed every 60,000 kms on the diesel (makes that service $910 according to the ford service price calc).

One other downfall with them is spare parts are pricey which can affect insurance. My mrs has damaged the front lower skirt on one side and to replace was going to be $300 just for the small bit of plastic plus paint etc, I've repaired it.

Also note there is no resale on them. I looked at trading mine a few months ago and the best offer I could get was 16k for a car that was $47k new (I didnt pay 47k) but yeh the resale on them is atrocious. You only buy one if you plan on running it till the wheels fall off it in my opinion. Mine has 3 years warranty left so I will run it for that 3 years and then hopefully sell it for 8 - 9 k with 150k on it.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote