View Single Post
Old 13-03-2020, 01:19 PM   #1718
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: What made you feel good today?

A good day within a rather below-average week.

Took another load of green waste to Kimbriki. At the gate to the vegetation dumping section was the bloke who gave me a set of “Cut Above” loppers last fortnight - they’d apparently been lost and unclaimed for several weeks. I told him how they came in handy as my original loppers cracked a blade the very next day - he was happy to hear that.

The vege section is being revamped, they’re using more area to process the waste and getting through it faster. They’ve changed the methodology at the face too, piles are moved much faster and put through the first stage of mulching. As a green waste tipper you now can see what’s going on and actually feel like you’re contributing to a useful process - not dumping rubbish. I meant to take a pic or two, plain forgot.

And the icing on the cake? Gate bloke was bored, not much traffic today and he came over to help me drag the bottom tarp out. Saved a good five minutes and some sweating.

One or two more loads and the yard transformation will be complete. My customer is genuinely amazed at how much he actually owns - a good quarter of the unbuilt area was lost to scrub, weeds and overgrowth.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: