View Single Post
Old 29-05-2020, 11:23 PM   #1092
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Australia housing bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
As an Adelaidean, I LOL at the bickering between all you East coasters.
You guys, as smart as you are, haven't worked it out yet, Adelaide is the place to be.
Small city, improving infrastructure, cheap housing and perfect weather 99% of the time.

Where else can a 21yr old who worked part time for KFC from 14.5 until 19 own his own brand spanking new town house for $240pw only 35 minutes from the CBD?
Honestly, think about how far you can travel from any of those CBD's in 35 minutes and tell me what $225k buys you.

And when we want a weekend away in any of your cities we can fly there in under 2.5hrs for next to nothing.
Adelaide is my holiday destination, I'm usually there every Easter but COVID-19 threw a spanner in the works this year.

Very clean city, no toll roads, super easy to navigate and you have reasonably priced food (mains under $40 in O'Connell Street in North Adelaide!)

Gets a bit warm though, wouldn't say perfect weather

I don't really want to spend more than $400K so I'm either going further regional, 1 bedroom skybox prison cell in Melbourne or Adelaide suburbia/skybox.

Job isn't the worry for Adelaide its the 'career' prospects - at work I'm at our head office, you get noticed and have better opportunities to grow in a company rather than being in an outpost - there's a reason your young go to university then move to Melbourne or Sydney because thats their best career prospects.

I've got Melbourne about an hour away at the moment, there is reasonably priced housing at Bendigo - but its Bendigo.

Though when I first started a couple months in they sent me over to our Adelaide branch and it was like you sat around waiting for phone calls or someone to walk in the door so that was nice and cruisey for a couple of days

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 29-05-2020 at 11:29 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: