View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 09:32 PM   #57
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: The WORST Falcon model, and why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
When I had my XE ESP, I thought I would go up market and bought a second hand radio/cassette player out of a Porsche.

What did I do with the premium stereo (including the graphic equaliser)? I threw it in the garbage of course, I had no use for it.

On another note...

A lot of people are saying EA and BA are the worst. The odd person is saying the EF.

I've owned all three. I blew the head gasket twice in the EA, the EF was OK but just never felt like a good car and the BA was a good car up until about 160k but had competely fallen apart by 180k.
EF is interesting - it had that EDIS ignition system which they only ran for that model, went back to a distributor for EL then back to EDIS again for AU.

Maybe it was a lack of computer power? It would be interesting to find out, I think it was a wasted spark ignition setup similar to the mighty Ecotec.

The EL ECU only has 60 pins and the EF has circa 120 or something.

I've owned two EF's and an EL.

The EF was wild on off camber dirt roads or wet roundabouts, I accidentally put it sideways through the Gap Road roundabout in Sunbury in the wet (now traffic lights), it only had just started raining about 5 minutes prior, I wasn't even trying, I just spotted a gap in that bastard roundabout and went for it, got half way through my turn when the *** came around and I had to abandon turn and go straight

Change of underwear required for myself and the people around me I reckon.

It was something they changed in EL, the diff was slightly different with the position of those bar things across the back and change in length on some arms I think.

Maybe to assist with low traction handling moving upwards from '****en wild' to 'woeful'

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 05-07-2020 at 09:38 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: