View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 10:55 PM   #225
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA-XT View Post
I remember reading this from your detailing thread. That is next level stuff! Love it!

I'm in same boat. By the time I wash the rims, scrub the tyres and clean the wheel arches..... I'm not 23 anymore that's for sure!

I work in the shade, but I'm still outside so open to the wind. Sometimes the soap dries on the surface of the paint, but it always washes away cleanly (I use Meguiars NXT at the moment). Do you rinse after each panel, or just at the end like I do? Ive had no negative effects with this soap. It's PH balanced, and I have multiple layers of Happy Ending on.

Always wondered this.... some people rinse after a couple of panels , while the other theory is that leaving the soap on stops water spots. But here in Melbourne we don't have hard water.
After doing the wheels first, my normal process, is to rinse the car down with water, foam and then contact wash the whole vehicle at once followed by a thorough rinse. I can usually get around the car before the sun starts drying the soap/water.

My cars are never particularly "dirty" so a pre-soak with foam is not really required. If I was dealing with heavy traffic film then I would foam/rinse/foam/contact wash/rinse.

Are you using NXT in a foam cannon? If so, how does it go? I have not used NXT for a while now but I always liked it's abilities.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: