View Single Post
Old 16-05-2021, 02:38 PM   #20
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Repco has bought Rare Spares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
It gets worse if you have a model in a crossover year. If its not on the shelf and you have to ask the parts desk, they ask me for my rego plate. It comes up as 2008 ford falc. Its a 2008 bf fairmont ghia. Then the kid says fg? I say bf. Then theres the life wasting conversation as the system says fg, but i know my car is a bf. So then it turns into look up 2007 ford falcon. Then it turns into am i sure. Then it eventually turns into me purchasing the correct part for my car thats not an fg. Im sure when the time comes for parts my brother will have the same issue with his 2002 au. Theyle probably say ba?
The easiest way to manage them is do the research before you get to the store and just give them part numbers from the companies products they distribute.

Some places have a vehicle application catalogue on their website which will list their part number for part for a specific car - if Repco/Burson etc is the distributor of their product you can just go into the branch and say to the kid behind the counter - price and availability on part number XYZ from supplier ABC and they'll tap away on the computer and tell you, or they will call ABC and go 'price and availability on part number XYZ' in front of you

There's a good chance that the average person on AFF knows more about their own car than either the salesman who sold them new or the kid behind the counter at a corporate parts monster.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: