View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 10:18 PM   #30
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: So I bought an Aurion

My wife bought a New 2011 Aurion and nothing has gone wrong with it at all.
This one has the 6sp auto, I think early ones has a 4sp auto.

It's not a car for me, but for a front wheel drive it's not bad, yes their is a bit of torque steer but for how much power it has, such is impressive as I have driven gutless 4cyl FWD that were shocking torque steer.
That being said use 95 octane in you Aurion and it will really improve the performance or use E10 94 octane then see just how fast it truly is, it would flog any stock XW-Y-A-B GT into the weeds, I had it up to 240KM/H It's not so bad on the highway and it will poke about around town.

If you try and drive it like a performance car you will not like it, if you flatten it off the line you will get huge axel tramp, you can flatten it on 91 octane and it will just take off without the tramp but with 94 you have to be carful because I hate that tramp and on dirt roads I hate the Aurion it's shocking to drive on such and the noise of the stones flinging up in the guards when the wheels spin drives you up the wall.
But for you average Joe blow it's a fine car because they will never experience such in the way that I like and demand in a car.

I am happy that my wife bought it, her dad demanded her to buy a Camry and she did not like the Camry as the engine was not as smooth and she likes power. She has been dobbed in by the nipper for doing burnouts taking off in my SS at times. not to mention she claims that her Aurion does not like me driving it, well that's not the impression that the Aurion gives me, I think it likes me driving it. anyway she claimed that her VS Commodore did not like me driving it as well and all the other ones as well.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote