View Single Post
Old 30-11-2021, 03:54 PM   #303
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Default Re: New Ranger teaser vidz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
It will take time to really compete with Prado numbers. It took Ranger a good 6-7 years before it started to really compete with Hilux numbers. The positive thing has been Everest growth. It's continued to grow in sales every year since release, and has taken a big jump since covid. The 704 will only continue to add to the growth. It will get there eventually. The big advantage Toyota have is in fleet sales to mining companies. Big advantage there. Go to any mining town and you will see heaps of them. But the V6 adds something new, at least for a few years until Prado gets it.

Did you miss the part about the old Ranger not being able to take anything bigger than a 4 cylinder? It wasn't that they didn't want to fit a bigger engine, it was because they couldn't.

It's irrelevant anyway, cause the Raptor sold in bigger numbers than their original sales projections, so it was a success despite having a 2 litre. Maybe they actually know what they are doing.
Agreed re Prado - we know their Fleet business is huge BUT from my perspective in surburbia you see countless Prados the point I'm making.
They are swimming in both pools.
Everest needs to fill the surburbia pool - plenty of potential I expect with this new one, V6 should be popular for the family camper types etc for starters.
Stock stock stock will be the key.
By the way, my 4/5hrs of driving my parts today I came across the rare beast 1 x Everest lol.....
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote