Thread: Spiders in cars
View Single Post
Old 13-01-2022, 01:40 PM   #15
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Spiders in cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Definately do that if it was a Sydney female funnel web. We can be lucky we don't have those down here Trevor.
Think I've shared this before, but just in case I haven't; friend of mine does research in to the medical use of native Australian animal venom. In his lab, he has a female Sydney funnel web, as well as a number of of native tarantulas. He showed us how he milks the funnel web for venom, by agitating her until she has venom visibly hanging from her fangs, then uses a sucking tool to suck up the venom and place it into a specimen container.

She is kept in a small plastic takeaway style container, with a bit of dirt and wood for her to feel 'comfortable' in. The dish is kept in a fridge under his work desk in the lab.

I asked him how he learnt to collect the venom sample. He said he watched a couple of youtube videos and the rest of it was trial and error

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: