View Single Post
Old 26-03-2022, 03:30 PM   #8
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Buying a late Mondeo - any advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermenter View Post
The poverty pack Ambiente will probably do me fine (in fact the bigger rubber and simpler suspension may even be a plus for me) and there are a lot more of them around so I should be able to find a great one in my budget.l
When I was looking, it was mostly at the MC, and the pov pack interior was just nasty.
But the MD looks a lot better, and was better equipt.
If you are able to stretch to a later model, FoA actually cut the other trim levels, and added extra features to the base Ambiente.
Quote:
the 2020 Mondeo line-up will feature automatic high-beam, speed limit warnings, lane-keeping assist and lane-departure warning, and autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian detection.
It will also ride on new 17-inch alloy wheels as standard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermenter View Post
It sounds like you're describing my partner's diesel Focus (2012ish) - I hated it when I first started driving it, but you do get used to it pretty quickly. Besides, I have a 30km highway commute to a town with no traffic lights, so I really only 'take off' twice a day anyway
Depends on your driving style
Basically it is the same engine, although the Mondeo versions were generally more powerful.
Personally I find the low-end torque of the diesel to be a good compromise.
The car I drive most at the moment is a heavyish SUV with a woefully small TD. If you're looking to win any traffic-light drags, then this aint the car for it.
On the other hand, it will cruise at 100kph, pulling 1,500rpm in 6th gear, and using 3L/100km
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: