View Single Post
Old 03-06-2022, 07:06 PM   #527
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: DFB's Greenthumb Project

Day Three Progress -

Another chilly start and frozen fingers, starting where we left off yesterday.

We were notified this morning out secondary supplier won't be delivering for another two weeks, so the decision was made to put everything out that needed to be in stock rather than hold off certain lines till next week. This is somewhat frustrating as it means a clunkier roll out of stock and means some pre-orders can't be filled and, most importantly, paid for.

Finishing up with the nursery stock, watering them in generously to remove any air pockets and settling the sand so that we can go through and top up where needed to ensure the roots are all covered.

Work then focused on putting the surplus stock into a holding bay. Luckily, we use up left over potting mix for this part, much lighter to shovel.

This surplus is used to replenish the nursery stock if needed, but most importantly, ensures we have enough trees left to pot up in August which allows us to sell advanced trees all year-round.

During all of this, pre-orders are pulled and buried close to the shop.

A clean loading dock, no more trees and all of the mud hosed away.

The sun setting on a very busy three days. The area surrounding the beds is raked and cleaned up after all of the work and price signs added.

I'd like to say I have earnt my weekend but both myself and a colleague who did a lot of the work are having to man the fort for the weekend trade, no rest for these two ducks. Thankfully, my knee held in there but I'm exhausted.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: