View Single Post
Old 29-06-2022, 05:51 PM   #15
arm79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Century Batteries

Best batteries my family ever found were made by a friend who owned Moon Batteries on Mt Alexander Rd in Ascot Vale I think it was.

You'd ring him up and he'd assemble a battery for you or there'd be one fresh in the shelf he made within the previous few days. So you always got a very fresh battery with a 7 to 9 year life. Locals were very stunned seeing the battery they were replacing in Mum's car was 9 years old once.

I moved to Bosch after he shut down. They were very good but pricey and lasted on average 5 to 6 years.

Makes me sad to read about the quality of Century stuff. Specially since I just put a few of their batteries into our UPSsssss's. Might explain why their prices had dropped so much. They were $15 to $20 down compared to last time I looked, where I went with R&J stuff. Trying to be competitive.

I always avoided their auto batteries because they were unnecessarily expensive in comparison.

I've always wondered how much of modern battery problems are caused by variable computer controlled alternators. That they don't charge them at constant high voltages anymore.

Although happy to have been pointed to Supercharge batteries, because Dad's car needs a new one and Autobarn has them 25% off.

https://autobarn.com.au/ab/Autobarn-...tery/p/EL03486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
or Supercharge Gold series are also good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I give **** advice but at least its free
I appreciate the free advice and will report back down the track whether it was sh*t or not.
arm79 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: